Monday 14 December 2009

Day 348 - December 14

We had the first carol service tonight in our church, run in conjunction with Chertsey Museum. They do that every year, and the services are usually nice, with some old articles from the local paper or other reminiscences being read in between the Bible readings and carols, and then everybody walks over for mulled wine and mince pies at the Museum which is just a few houses away from the church. I didn't go this year - I'm just fed up with having to explain all the time why I won't have any wine or sweets at the moment...
Well, so this is the big lighted star that's hanging up in the chancel arch every year for Christmas; and actually, every year there is a debate whether it's a star or a cross!. I suppose it's both, and isn't that a wonderful analogy for the life of Jesus: from the star under which he was born to the cross where he set us free!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I posted a quick tutorial on how to use those torn overlays I posted yesterday on my blog, stop by and see if it helps you!

    ReplyDelete