Thursday 7 May 2009

Day 55 - February 24

Pancake Day ("Shrove Tuesday") in the Hudson household. All to do with this diet I was embarking on, I had to try out how to make pancakes myself... I used to buy them in the shop because I always found English style ones difficult to make - they are exactly the thickness that needs cooking from both sides but fall apart if you try handling them with a utensil! So, finally Sean got to teach me how to do the pan-flip. Tag reads: "We usually have pancakes on Pancake Day - what made it a remarkable event this time was not the date but the fact that with my upcoming diet I can't have shop-bought pancakes anymore - I will have to make them myself. BUT - I'd never before made English-style pancakes (the type that you flip over in the pan...) before, so I decided to try this out, requiring a lesson from Sean! After some initial problems with the oil beading in the non-stick pan and the heaviness of the buckwheat batter (I can't have white flour, either), he got things going, while really showing off doing flips and double flips halfway to the ceiling. Then it was my turn - the first ones were decidedly frilly at the edges and folded over or landed on the edge of the pan, breaking apart. But all in all, only one ended up in the dog (off the floor!) and we had sufficient not only to eat but also to freeze a batch - apparently, I'd been a bit optimistic with the amount of batter (or pessimistic, depending on how you look at it...). Plus: I had a thoroughly good time cooking tonight!"

Papers from Club Scrap kits "Sparkle" and "Textiles and Notions"; alphas are CS, too, but can't remember which kit; 3D stickers from Jolee's Boutique "Chef" and Provocraft Standouts "Sweet as Pie". This was a real fun LO to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment