Wednesday 15 April 2009

Day 28 - January 28

Usually, at the beginning of the year I have this urge to have a "good clear-out", and over the last years I have enjoyed this even more what with Freecycle available to get rid of the things where they will be brought to use again! I totally subscribe to the idea of Freecycle and over the last years it has grown enormously here in the UK. I remember when I first looked into it some years ago, there was only a group in Guildford, the capital of Surrey - with most things being way too far to bother. Then they opened one for Woking which was a bit nearer, and about a year ago they openeded Runnymede, which is our Borough. At at first there were only some ten or so people on it and it was pretty slow going. Now there are loads of messages coming in every day, and I have managed to give away lots of my clear-out stuff this year, as well as acquiring some things we wanted...
The picture is of the Freecycle UK homepage with all the links to the different groups, and the arrow points to Runnymede (I suppose that will be too small for you to see...).

The papers used here are from Club Scrap kit "Hearth & Home"; fibres and alphas also from CS but can't remember which kit...

No comments:

Post a Comment