Wednesday 15 April 2009

Day 30 - January 30


This is the church Nicole and I visited in Englefield Green (see previous LO) - in fact the calendar was the reason for the trip. I didn't take a photo of the church myself but thought this one would do - it wasn't quite as snowy when we were there, though.
Tag reads: "We went to St Jude’s on their open Saturday for me to pick up one of their commemorative calendars, on the occasion of their 150 years’ anniversary. I was interested in the beautiful photographs of village scenes, seeing that Sean and I had lived “up the Green” for seven years…
It felt a bit like homecoming, although I’d never been a member of St Jude’s and saw the church inside for the fist time. It is beautiful, esp. the stained glass windows!
The January calendar page shows a pretty view of the outside – and it was a harbinger of things to come: we had a sprinkling of snow then, and a blizzard two days later!"
The title refers to the fact that it felt a bit like coming home because I had lived in this village for so long...

The paper is from a Claire's Kits winter kit from some years ago - never thought I'd actually get to use it! The stained glass border is silk ribbon! I bought a whole roll of it some years ago and made lots of cards to sell at church... The number stickers are Making Memories, and the fibres are CS ("Stepping Out and something else - should have made a note).

No comments:

Post a Comment